Design and Implementation
Securing a network requires maintaining a high level of network security and a continuous cycle of efforts consisting of three main phases:
- Planning a security policy that defines the security goals of the enterprise.
- Implementing network security technologies in a comprehensive and layered approach so the enterprise does not rely only on one type of technology to solve all security issues.
- Assessing the network security on a regular basis to ensure that the security policy is being enforced appropriately and ensuring that no irregularities have developed as the network evolves
Security Policy definition is a step in the phased approach taken by Sharper Technology Consulting Services.
If your company does not have a written security policy, we can still assist you by doing a short consulting engagement to document the managements current understanding of the security posture the company wants to take.
Architectural Design and Planning
Once the security policy definition is complete, that is when Sharper Technology Design and Implementation services come in.
Successful and effective IT solutions require more than technology. The best solutions address mission-critical business objectives. Sharper Technology strives to understand, define, develop, implement and support the right solutions for each customer.
Sharper Technology will develop a security solution design consistent with the value of what is being protected, your Internet access and your security policy requirements. Years of experience are necessary to accurately assess your needs and design solutions that fit them and your budget. Your Sharper Technology Sales team will discuss the benefits and risks of each solution set, with recommendations tempered by your budget needs as well as your security needs.
Our team is comprised of experienced hands-on certified security engineers and project managers who will review, install, configure and validate the security solution components to ensure a secure and fully functional integrated security system.
Best of Breed Partnerships
Sharper Technology in-house engineering expertise for security architecture, design and implementation is complemented by partnerships with best-in-class product vendors. We hold premier status with many of these vendors, giving us access to vendors internal resources that other security companies may not be able to reach.
Best Security Practices
Sharper Technology recommends the following Best Security Practices for secure networks:
- Security policies must be able to be implemented through system administration procedures, publishing of acceptable use guidelines, or other appropriate methods.
- Security policies must be enforceable, and if prevention is not technically feasible, policies must outline appropriate sanctions.
- Security policies must clearly define the responsibilities of users, administrators and management.
Phone: +1 (650) 964-4600